Having earned your your LPN degree already, you've satisfied most of your clinical requirements, leaving the majority of earning an LPN to BSN or LPN to RN degree for academic credits, which can be earned online.
If additional clinical hours become necessary, you can satisfy them locally, which give you great introduction to a new work environment and new job prospects.
Indiana State University — Indiana State offers the only online LPN to BSN degree program whose curriculum is designed specifically for LPNs looking for RN training. The coursework is completed online. The required clinical hours are completed at a local facility near you. This program is highly rated because of its affordability and flexibility. Read in-depth review of Indiana State University LPN to BSN or LPN to RN program.
The College Network — Begin working toward your LPN to BSN degree from one of the many partner universities form the College Network. You can earn an NLNAC-accredited degree completely online with no campus attendance required. Of great importance, you should be able to earn your degree at a convenient pace geared for you and at a more inexpensve tuition than traditional campus schools. Read in-depth review of The College Network.
Earning an Online LPN to BSN Degree Makes Great Sense in Some Situations
Having earned your your LPN degree already, you've satisfied most of your clinical requirements, leaving the majority of your degree for academic credits, which can be earned online.
If additional clinical hours become necessary, you can sanctify them locally, which give you great introduction to a new work environment and new job prospects.
Online learning has come a long way. The Internet has made it easy for you to study on your own time and schedule.
For working adults, scheduling life to attended specific campus class times can play havoc with your work and family schedules. Leaving work early, driving in traffic, parking and walking to class, take up as much as 50% of your class-time attendance. By contrast, online learning, seldom has to compete with your work or family schedules. Plus you save so much time by being able to study anywhere there is a computer and internet connection.
While it might take a bit of time getting used to attending class online, there are many logistical advantages. For instance.
- You can repeat class lectures, retaking notes you missed the first time.
- You can go over material again and again that you may not have understood.
- You can post questions and get help for you academic issues 24/7 via email, chat rooms, or messaging.
Local college may not offer the classes needed to earn an RN or a BSN degree, and they may offer some required classed only once a year or at times that are extremnly difficut to attend for professional reasons.
Some students may live too far from campus to make earning a degree too inconvenient.
With flexibility in class schedules, working adult can set their own schedules and feel good about balance family, work and academic demands.
Online learning is setup for working adults, who are more motivated then first time college freshmen. Online learners are generally more driven, practical. While it was great to have a campus experience, most online learners are wanting to gain the adequate knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Online schools are generally less expensive. If tuition is not less expensive, the time logical time and effort saved is huge bonus when it comes time to work / life balance.
You can generally earn the same degree online as you can on campus.
Online Learning Is Not For Everyone
The traditional classroom experience is comforting and familiar to most. Some students might find it difficult to transition to an online experience and thrive academically.
The campus experience is a valuable one. Being around the classroom, fellow students is motivating to some and they need that environment to learn successfully.
Getting to know your professors can be a lifelong and valuable experience.
Being a part of an larger physical community with coffee shops, and lawn and the atmosphere is valuable one.
Weather online learning is for you or not, it should be an an important option to consider, especially if you have already had the college campus experience, are a working adult with little free time,
requirement locally While you may not have any clinical requirement to safisfy, ill, if you do, . of the Without ever stepping into a college classroom, you can save time and up to 50% of the traditional cost onursing school tuition. Are you interested in learning more . . .
What will earning your degree online be like?
Breaking this down into three parts, you can expect:
Phase 1: On your path to earning your BSN, most of your general education requirements will be completed in Phase I. These requirements are met from any combination of the following . .
List of Schools with LPN to BSN Campus Programs
Here is a complete list of accredited nursing schools offering LPN to BSN programs.
- Arkansas State University
- Southern Arkansas University
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville
- University of Arkansas Community College at Hope
- University of Central Arkansas
- Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
- Miami-Dade College
- Northwest Florida State College
- University of Central Florida
- University of North Florida
- Bethel College
- Cowley College
- Hutchinson Community College
- Newman University
- Pratt Community College
- University of Kansas
- Washburn University
- Wichita State University
- Louisiana Delta Community College
- McNeese State University
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Cox College
- Grantham University
- Metropolitan Community College
- Missouri State University
- Park University
- Bowling Green State University
- Clark State Community College
- Columbus State Community College
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Kent State University
- Kettering College
- Lorain County Community College
- Ohio University Southern
- Terra Community College
- University of Rio Grande
- Ursuline College
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Oklahoma City University
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology
- University of Oklahoma
- Drexel University
- La Salle University
- Lock Haven University
- Marywood University
- Mercyhurst North East
- University of Scranton
- Widener University
- Carson-Newman College
- Cumberland University
- East Tennessee State University
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Prairie View A&M University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at Tyler
- Heritage University
- Herzing university
- North Seattle Community College
- South Seattle Community College
- Tacoma Community College
- Bluefield State College
- Fairmont State University
- Mountain State University
- Salem International University
Find the LPN to BSN or the LPN to RN program that's right for you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.